Core Sound Regatta?

Noklin

Graham

I think that I saw a post recently that CS 17 hull 129 was nearing completion. Do you know how many CS 17 and CS 20 have actually been build.

I am guessing that you already have a full plate, but is there a get together for the CS boats in the near future?

I would be interested although I have not completed my CS 20. It would be nice to finally meet some of the helpful people that post here and to see/maybe sail some of the finished boats. This would also help motivate those of us still building.

Hi Noklin ... yea CS17#129 is getting close. I've been stretched pretty thin since Christmas and haven't made the progress I was hoping but, I'll be ready by spring. Attached is a shot of the masts that I just finished.

I'm guessing there are probably ~ 30 CS17's finished with another 30 in process but that's just my guess. Maybe Graham has some statistics on plans sold vs. boats built.

If you're up this way (Detroit) let me know. I'd be happy to show you the boat.

Tom

post-223-12949764611_thumb.jpg

There are 147 CS17 and 84 CS20 plans out there. It is hard to tell exactly how many have been built but I keep hearing from a lot of people that are in various stages of construction. The plan numbers are the real number sent out.

There are quite a few in Europe and Australiasia and there is Ricardo in Brazil plus a few in other countries. The vast majority though have been built in North America.

This year Cedar Key is May 6th & 7th with some folks coming Friday and leaving Monday.

I am planning to have my CS17 done by then and to bring it.

It is a great weekend. I have been going up there for about 10 years or more. Just laid back sailing, exploring, and meeting people.

Everyone is welcome. Come on down to Florida and visit.