Questions for Graham...

brian watkins

Just some unimportant questions (for when you have a chance!):

1. Are you planning on entering the the Everglades Challenge this year? Some people in the our Western Oregon Messabout (the Coots) became very interested in the race last year, and are kicking around the idea of an entry for next year (or beyond), so I'm keeping an eye out for info.

2. Related to the above, how do you think the CS20 would be as a contender? I think when they see Joe Nelson's boat hit the water soon (he's a Coot), they may be interested. I'm not sure how "race-oriented" any of them are, it's more of an adventure thing. Personally, I think anyone who even finishes the EC is deserving of respect!

Thanks a bunch!

Yes we are officially entered in this years Everglades Challenge. You can check out www.watertribe.com. I think that a CS20 would be an excellent boat for the race and the only reason that I am using a CS17 is because I don't have a CS20.

There is such a wide variety of boats entered this year that there will be one boat that will be more suited to the conditions that will prevail during the race. For instance, if there is lots of fast reaching the multihulls could have an advantage. If there is a lot of very light air then the kayaks will do well. The CS17 is a good all rounder and I feel that she should show well in whatever is in store for us.

Go Graham!!!!

I will watch with interest. For me the main race of interest will be nailing the Norseboat.

Kokako is heading off tomorrow (acting first as a camping trailer) for 6 days at Whananaki (about 3 hrs. north of Auckland). There is a shallow harbour the is good sailing at high tide, and if the weather is right and I can get across the bar you are out in some really beautiful (if somewhat rocky) coastal cruising. Hope to post some photos on my return

Richard, it is good to see you using and enjoying your boat.

Unfortunately the Noresboat will not be participating this year.

Ray, I bought that PIN GPS chart plotting device and I have misplaced it or it has been taken. My chief financial advisor says "tough, if you can't find it, you can't buy another one".

I at least have a better understanding of crossing Florida bay and I have the best chart now. We will have Freds GPS

Ray' date=' I bought that PIN GPS chart plotting device and I have misplaced it or it has been taken. My chief financial advisor says "tough, if you can't find it, you can't buy another one".

[/quote']

Sounds like my chief financial advisor! I have a GPS and have never learned to use it. My CFA uses that as proof that I don't need any more complicated gadgets.

Ray,

Do you really think that will work. :wink:

This would not work at my house. I suspect it woudn't work with Carla or Laura either. If it does at yours, more power to you.

We have to keep the chief financial advisor happy. Otherwise she will not let us buy more boats (toys).

Steve

"Safety" was working for me for a while, but I'm back to crawling around on my belly--for both permission AND forgiveness.

I wonder if the Vikings had the same problem. Is there any evidence of CFA influence in ancient Norse designs?

And was it the desire to plunder that inspired the boats, or the desire for boats that caused the plundering?

I found tha pic a couple of years ago somewhere...maybe here? Anyway, since I work at KitchenAid Portables, we got a good laugh from it. I think it must be one of the best ways to convince a wife that it is a "multi-purpose" tool that both can use. :lol::lol:

Of course, my wife just rolled her eyes and scornfully snickered. :roll:

Graham,

Glad to hear you will be coming down for the WaterTribe.

I will probably come down on Friday just to check things out and see if you need any help with anything.

On Race Day, our West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron will be coming to see all the boats off and then head off to breakfast while you guys do what we all wish we were doing.

Anyway, hope to see you then. Let me if I can do anything here for you before you arrive.

Dale