New Table Saw Sled - Pic

Bill

It actually started out a project to just get painted (winter/Christmas scene) and get hung outside on the wall/entryway. No real plans, just scrap and and some time. Interestingly enough, we were over at the local Crafts outlet the other day and they have a bunch of em' that look VERY similar, although much rougher in construction, as you would imagine. I am probably going to make a little semi-enclosed seat to place on it, so Courtney can haul her dollys around in it, on her visits to Grammys, just down the street. So far, nobody has had the time to put the final touches on it. I was thinking, Milk Paint colors for the base coat, latex/acrylic for some sort of highlights and maybe some small scenes, sanded up a bit on the edges to antique it a little, and then some type of varnish mixture over it all to seal it up some and protect it.

We did buy a "real" sled for her this year too, I wanted a good one with metal runners and good ability to steer. Im sure I could have built one, but at the time that wasn't my thinking, and I'm afraid this wooden model just wouldn't hold up properly and I don't want to take chances with a "real" child on it....

Maybe if it ever gets finished, I'll post a photo of the completed item...

so many projects...so little time...

b.