2006 Gulf Coast Sailing Season Events

Craig

The Gulf Coast summer sailing season for 2006 is beginning to shape up with event dates being confirmed. The first 06 event to firm up is the Trailer Sailors Backwater Environmental Escape Rendezvous (B.E.E.R.) Cruise set for 20-24 May. They are sailing from Pensacola to Navarre to Quiet Water on Pensacola Beach to Mosquito Cove and back to the marina in Pensacola. This is an open event and we are all invited. Please see the link below for details and the sign up. This is an easy sail in good protected waters.

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ebenallen/beer_2005.htm

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Laura, Charlie. When I lived on Galveston Bay, the intercoastal was avoided like the plague. Going offshore is a lot cleaner and safer sailing but keep an eye out for the ships. :lol: It is a little harder to find those neat night stops that the intercoastal has, but you could always heave to and sleep. Personally I like sailing at night in clear water. Moonlit nights are the best.

My boat may be a little big for the BEER cruise, but we would like to come over that way to rendezvous with some of you for a night or two.

I'll keep up to date with the postings to see how this develops.

Charlie, We are going to make sure we find you at least once during your trek over this year.

Steve