How'd I get that salty image under my name? (avatars)

Frank Hagan

The salty image of a sea captain at a wheel is my "avatar" ... an image I uploaded to be included in my posts. When you register, you can upload one (100 x 100 pixels or less) or select one from our avatar gallery. If you've already registered, click on "Profile" and you can add one.

It is cool. I pre-loaded several into the board, but really, its best to find one you like (or made!) and use it. I'm not artist, so I stole my captain at the wheel from one of those "Free Clip Art" sites on the 'net.

For those that can't make their own, you can enter "fish clip art" or "sailboat clip art" in Google and find free clip art graphics you can save to disk and upload here as your avatar. The limitation is that it can't be larger than 100 x 100 pixels. If you don't have photo editing software that can reduce that great 125 x 120 pic for you, just send me a "PM" (private message) with it attached and I'll see if I can resize it for you and mail it back.

Iv'e got to many photo's to choose from and them I want to be picky...hee hee!! getting it down to 100 x 100 wasn't the problem, but trying to hold the color and keep it at 6kb was a bit of a study...I never can make up my mind..I think mine will be more like a slide show and changing quite often....lot's of fun though...Now I can get off to bed...

cheers,

Bill