About Registration

Frank Hagan

Registration is for the forums, My Gallery and My Home Port (when it gets up and running), to enable "extra features". For the forums, the extras include being able to email other registered members, getting email notifications when someone has responded to your post, having buttons below your posts that people can click to see your email, website, ICQ or AIM number, etc. And sending private messages to other registered members, here on the forum (they aren't really "private", as I and anyone else I authorize could read them, but they are hidden from everyone else).

Registration will not feed your email into a database for sending you spam, selling your email address to people who want you to have certain body parts enlarged (just WHY are they concerned with that anyway?), pestering you with "newsletters" or anything else.

You may notice posts with your name in the forum already; those are imported messages from the old forum. Those are "guest" posts, and you can continue to post as a guest. Its only the "added features" you get by registering. When you register, every post from that point forward will have the extra features enabled, but those already in the forums will not.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Personally' date=' I like the new format. I'll probably like it even better after I learn how to use all the features.

Great job Frank! :D

Bob

PS. I really like the new smillies too. 8)[/quote']

Thanks, Bob! We'll see how everyone else likes it after the various name servers across the Internet direct people here. As soon as I can figure it out, I can add those "non-PC" smilies that Paul keeps sending me. :shock:

Frank, It's good to be able to see all the posts in one thread without having to click and click. After I registered and returned to the forum, the text no longer fit on my screen so that I cannot both read text and see who wrote. This was not the case on first opening as a guest. Any suggestions?

Frank' date=' It's good to be able to see all the posts in one thread without having to click and click. After I registered and returned to the forum, the text no longer fit on my screen so that I cannot both read text and see who wrote. This was not the case on first opening as a guest. Any suggestions?[/quote']

I'll check that out tonight. Arnie mentioned the same thing. I did try it during testing at 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768, and both worked fine (640 x 480 did have the horizontal scroll problem, but I expected that).

Now' date=' how do I get a photo from drive A to a post?

Gordy[/quote']

When you go to "Post a Reply" or "Post a Message", right below the box you type your message in is a section called "Add an Attachment". It has a "Filename" box and a "Browse" button.

Click the "Browse" button and search your computer for the image and select it. You can then add a caption to the photo in the "File Comment" box.

You have to be registered to upload images (for the site's protection).

Frank' date=' It's good to be able to see all the posts in one thread without having to click and click. After I registered and returned to the forum, the text no longer fit on my screen so that I cannot both read text and see who wrote. This was not the case on first opening as a guest. Any suggestions?[/quote']

This should be fixed now ... is it?

It was the navigation menu at the top ... after logging in the line went too long for the 800 x 600 screen resolution. If you are at 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600, it should fit on the screen. If you are still at 640 x 480, it will scroll (unfortunately). At least that's the way it looks when I simulate those settings on my machine!