Sailing Video

rolandblais

Lake_Lahontan_09_09_05.gifHello. For the curious, I made a short video of my sail on Lake Lahontan yesterday. I used a CVS disposable video camera so the quality isn't the best, and since I was boat captain and camera operator, and the wind was a bit more than I'm used to, I didn't shoot very much. It's about 1 ,min 30 sec's. The 3MB version is here and the 20MB version is here. Enjoy.

Peace,

Roland

Look's great! A CVS disposable video camera? As in it's sold at CVS the drug store? Do you mail it somewhere, plug it in to your computer, or how exactly does that work?

Yes, CVS the drugstore. Normally, after you've taken your 25 min of video, you give it back and then they put your movies on DVD. A clever bunch of fellows figured out how to retrieve the video from the camera, and enable it's reuse. I soldered a usb A receptacle onto the camera's interface, rewired a usb cable, and installed some software and drivers. There you have it. I haven't quite finished my page detailing what I've done, but there's plenty of info on the net. some links:

CameraHacking.Com

Make Magazine Great magazine, btw.

HackaDay.Com

Peace,

Roland

begin.jpg