Craig?

Hi Mike, Yes we are fine. My keyboard cable at the house went bad yesterday so I couldn't answer. Flight test and travel have burned up all my boat time. Haven't been in the water since the hurricane last month. All last week in Dallas at Rockwell for a PMR. This week trying to get caught up on the test cards and analysis of the data from July. Glad to hear your sails are on the way. She looks strange with no boom. I loved the horse photo. Here we gust get gators and sharks! We are moving Tom's cover out to a trailer in a few minutes. I need to get the edge trim on and them it can be installed. Saralee wants her garage back! I will take some finished photos tonight and put them up if I have time to get a cable. Been having some trouble with my left arm. I caught my pant leg on a piece of equipment while getting down and twisted my elbow/shoulder in the process of falling off this thing so I haven't been doing much on my boat. In fact she is still under her "blue roof" as it were. :(

Hey guys, you'd better get some sailing in before the season is over :-)

I'm still fretting over my main sail here, GOt her in twicw this season and if I don't hurry up and do something I may not get another chance this season. I got my Sailmaker's apprentice book and doing some investigating now. Hopefully will be able to get her done this weekend.

Cheers

Oh I have taken full advantage of the time spent on Earth and the warm weather to practice my new found hobby.

Yes the new sails are wonderfull. But I have no one to take pictures of it under sail. But from these two shots, you can see the contrast of the old versus the new ones. I took the "Christmass tree angle" out of the used one for the new ones, which lowered the top and lengthened them by 16 inches, and what a difference in performance..

Craig, depending on the hurricane's path for new week, we maybe headed in your direction. Any time for a sail if thats happens?

post-0-129497642681_thumb.jpg

post-0-129497642689_thumb.jpg

post-0-129497642699_thumb.jpg

Mike, the peak appears to bee quite a bit lower and further aft. The foot is longer also? I expect this will give more weather helm and give it more feel in the light stuff. The snotter also appears to be lowered to make up the diference in the peak height. Gotta get down there and sail it since the changes.

I am building a new sprit to fit these sails. The snotter will about 12 inches shorter. The best that I can tell, the boat seems to be much smoother under wind changes, more gradual with the increase and easier at the tiller ,unlike when I was getting the gusts with the other set.

I am getting ready to launch in about thirty minutes, and will see what it will do today. I replaced the top roller for the jib, allowing for the jib to be about inch up and this seemed to align the bottom two in a nice uniform shape of the running shearline.

Yes Craig I have started a new 23 foot round stern skipjack,

Tom, I have a bit more weather helm, but it sails to weather incredibly well. We only had about five knots of wind, but did okay. I did try out a new dock, the one that the big boys use and really made a mistake in the light wind out of the south and screaming outgoing tide. I ended up restarting to sail twice, as I only was able to use one notch of my board, and boy it stunk and took off where the heck it wanted to go, like to the dock right down the way, like sideways in that current.

I wrestled till I got it pointed to the shallows enough to pole the boat back up current away from the dock, and got my jib uprigtht, and with my bride at the helm sailed and poled till I got it far enough up to get my composure enough and reset everything.

Craig, its almost the same boat on the bottom except for the stern, which the bottom comes to no deadrise to make that stern in the picture. I will not place as many shots with this one, as I took too much bandwitdh on the other one. But the important parts will be placed over time and allowed for the thread to sink.

There seems to be some other projects coming along, and folks in need of help, that some of you guys are experienced in, so the help and threads will stay on the active area for most of the experienced one to answer them here.