Slow but sure progress - CS17, #129

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting any info for the last couple of weeks but ... (no good excuses come to mind).

It's hard to put a lot of time in on the boat with the weather so nice but I've managed to squeeze in a few hours. I absolutly have to make it to the water this summer! The idea of sailing this summer is keeping me going. I can't wait to post some sailing shots!

In the last couple of weeks I fitted the cockpit coaming, fabbed the rub rails, and built my deck hatch. This weekend I got the forward deck fit and temporarily screwed down. Heres a couple of shots.

Keep on building!

Tom

post-223-129497641416_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497641421_thumb.jpg

post-223-129497641425_thumb.jpg

Man Tom, you are cooking with that hull. LOOKS GREAT!!!! 8) I guess you may beat me with that launch date. :wink: Summer is here and the time is right......

Sure is looking good Tom!

I'm working on #122, but haven't got as far along as you yet - still working on seats and trying to find a source for the masts in Melbourne Australia. When my camera comes back from the repair shop I should be able to get some photos together.

Have you reduced the forward decking with the intention of including a soft cuddy?

Cheers, Peter

Really cool progress. You are sure smokin' my progress. I have been almost 6 weeks painting the outside of the hull (mostly waiting on products to get shipped from Washington). Looking forward to your launch pictures.

Yes Peter ... I elected to expand the cockpit forward for more seating in exchange for the third mast step. I'll have reefable sails in case I get into a blow. I intend to build a tent structure covering the cockpit back to the thwart. I put a wet locker between the CB trunk and the forward bulkhead to store my anchors, buckets, etc. So far it seems like a good setup.

I thought I'd pass along this story to forewarn my fellow builders. Sat. AM I was using my 4X36" bench sander when all of a sudden smoke started pouring out of it. I quickly shut it off and dragged it outside where I blew/ sucked on it with the shop vac. No harm was done to either the shop or the belt sander (it still works). I deduced the motor had filled up with sanding dust from the years of use and had started to smolder due to the motor heat. Lesson learned -- Vacuum out your shop motors periodically! I'm going to make it a yearly ritual.

Tom