33' Newport Sail Boat

Mike Pennington

I've been looking at a 1983 33' Newport sail boat for a while now. I'm even considering buying it. I've been trying to find some thing out about the makers, but I haven't had much luck.

Do any of you have any information that you can share or point me in the right direction.

Mike

So Mike, would you go down to Seattle and drag that thing back to Fairbanks? Do you have services on the lake to get something that big in and out of the water

See, I'm thinking you should buy it and move along with it to Minnesota. You can put the boat in the Marina on Lake Pepin at Lake City and Bill and I can come sail it with you. You could even get a job here at Mayo. :lol:

Actually, I thought to drive down to Seward after I attend the wooden boat show in Homer at the beginning of May. I might be able to make an offer, on the green hulled one I found there, the boat has been sitting for awhile now.

The one Dave found sounds like a much better deal, it looks like the boat has been well cared for and loved. He also says he will deliver on the North American coast. Perhaps I can get him to put it on a barge for me. But then I maight have to ask/bribe some of our friends in Washington State to check it out for me. Buying sight unseen makes me nervous. I expect it would take me a couple of weeks to drive down and back. Probably cost me the same to fly down and ship on a barge.

Who knows, I do have a friend who would sail her up with me, but the wives would be most vexed if we left them behind.

Only time will tell.

Mike