Table saw

Scott Dunsworth

I had this thing cleaned off this morning. In fact I used the thing today. Does anyone else have this problem with their table saw? If mine is clean it isn't for long.

Its just slow around here lately and I thought I might wake some of you up with this silly post.

Scott

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Yes! Happens to me all the time. I was going to post a similar message about my table saw, but I was too embarrassed! My table saw is sometimes more of a table than a saw.

Nice Belhaven photos. I haven't started on my Core Sound yet, but I look at the plans all the time and dream about just about every detail. Actually, I literally dreamt about it today during a nap. I was dreaming about the seat hatches.

Charles

Mine got so bad I made a sliding cross-cut sled that covers the cast iron table top. I kept getting rust when I left a can of something on it.

I pretend the cross-cut sled gives me permission to be a slob. And that it transforms my saw top into a kind of bench (I have a small shop, so I haven't dedicated a large portion of it to a workbench.)

Frank I have a 20 foot workbench down one side of my shop. For most people that would be a nice thing to have around, :? but not for me because I am a slob. My shop practice is; I work for days or months without cleaning up and one day when I just can't fine anything I am looking for then I clean up. I have a friend at work that is a outstanding furniture builder with a shop that looks like it's been sanitized all the time. I asked him how he does it. He said when he starts to work on something he always allows enough time to clean up. Even if he's just working for an hour part of that time is given to cleanup. :? MAN that is not me. I told him that the cob webs help filter the air while your painting and I can't understand how he gets such a nice finish without them.

The funny thing I can't understand is my wife is a neat freak and germ freak. How we get along so well blows my mind.

Scott

My workbenches around the perimeter of the shop are always a catch all. I only made an 8' one this time. I have shelves installed below each tablesaw to help reduce teh 'clutter'. It is a handy place to store some items needed for the saw (push sticks, etc).

I built a 3'x5' workbench on lockable wheels for most of my assembly work. Though it catches some clutter also, it is much more usable for cutting, asemble, glueing, infeed, outfeed, etc. It is probably the most used piece in my shop.

Scott, I don't know how you keep it so tidy. You should see mine. What with boat bits & pieces, model airplanes in various stages of destruction/construction and a kitchen that I am still half way through. Every little while I have to stop work & put things away so I can continue. I have a friend who will be in the middle of the biggest project in his shop and there won't be a tool out of place or sawdust on the floor. Makes me sick at times, he is so neat & tidy. Oh Well, at least I can keep my eye on all the projects at the one time.