"Wheres my Baby" or "The 60' Diva"

Nemo

Graham,

Whats the status of the "Baby Diva"?

Understand from Chris that you're busy with a 60' 1500hp Diva or something similar at present

Don't mean to pressure you, its just that I'm making good progress on current project and am looking forward to the next one.

Shaun

• 4 weeks later...

Graham,

I have just ordered a stack of 4mm ply - the challenge to you is whether you can deliver the Grand Diva plans before the ply arrives. :lol:

Just kidding about the challenge, I'm too busy working on my current project to use the ply I've ordered. I'm putting the ply aside until this project is finished, and by which time the plans should be to hand. :P

There is a lot of interest in the baby divas, and one quite firm enquiry for a Grand Diva. There's going to be Divas up and down the East Coast of Australia at this rate!

Cheers,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Graham,

I heard Chris has got his ply.

If you're not careful he'll make the baby diva before the plans arrive.

Lucky there's a holiday break and he wasn't albe to fit the 8' x 4' sheets in the suitcase.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year

Shaun

:lol:

Happy New Year Graham,

I'm all set to take on another kayak or three. The ply is stacked in the shed ready to go.

If you send me the Grand Diva plans I'll make a start on it, and send me the Baby Diva plans as well and I'll give it the test build.

At last count I have a total of 23 Divas of various sizes to build - subject to testing of each model of course.

It's going to be a busy year or two!!!

Cheers,

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

Graham,

Thankyou very much for the package that arrived in the post today. Two sets of plan, no less. :D

The Grand Diva and the 'Lil Diva are going to be started this week.

I can see that these three Divas are going to be in great demand, based on the number of enquiries about them. If I get much more interest I'll have to become a full time kayak builder!

Thanks again Graham, and I'll keep you posted as to how they develop.

Nemo - eat your heart out, I'm cutting ply again......

Chris.

bwb taunts me yet again , knowing that while I'm working interstate the only materials I have are paper and bull dog clips.

In reply I'd ask why isn't it finished yet, I believe you have had two full days to complete it?

Seriously Graham I know bwb will take his time to construct them to a finish that will make you proud.

Its just like christmas again, you sort of know whats under the tree.

But just can't wait to unwrap the new toys (Lil' Diva).

Nemo

PS: haven't found any designs on the web utilising paper in their construction but I''l keep looking

PPS : How many sheets of ply do you need for the Lil' Diva?

• 1 month later...

Nemo wrote : How many sheets of ply do you need for the Lil' Diva?

Answer : None - I have plenty already.

Seriously though, only 3. Two for the hull, bulkheads and coamings. One for the deck.

Construction is progressing, hull is complete and getting sheathed now.

Photos will be posted in due course, but I promise far more quickly than the Diva album took.

You will note now that I have worked out via some complicated mathematics, and a set of bathroom scales, that only two work benches are required to support this Lil' Diva hull. :D

Just don't ask how I got the hull into the bathroom to weigh it........

• 1 month later...

All right, all right, keep your hair on, you impatient wood carver....

Progress to date has been slow - too many other factors taking my shed time.

However, the inside of the hull has been sanded, the seams filleted, taped, smoothed and resined a couple of times. Next step is to mount the seat supports and I'll paint the insides - the same as I did with the Twins.

post-372-129497640399_thumb.jpg