Fein Multimaster/Core Sound 17

Guest bill Heil

Guest bill Heil

I Love my Fein multimaster, it saved me a lot of work recently. I'm building a core sound 17 and got to the job of cutting out the cockpit seat lockers. Now, I had already put the deck on and discovered that the deck overhang wouldn't let me get my sabresaw close enough to make the cut for the back of the opening,(the one in the fore and aft direction). The Fein tool with the saw attachement did the job in no time flat and made a clean cut to boot. it also made short work of cutting the stringers back a little from the hatch openings so I could fit in the hatch drains. Otherwise that would have been a lot of hammer and chisel work. I love that tool, it does do many jobs I don't know how I ever did without it. Enjoy that boatbuilding. Bill

schwmh@cconnect.net

Guest Frank Hagan, Weekender, O

I take it the Fein is a much better tool than the mouse or detail sanders out there? I'll have to take another look at it close up if I can find one locally. The other ones I've tried are not very good tools (B&D, Craftsman).

fshagan@ev1.net

Guest Tom Hubbard

The link below will take you to the webpage for the Fein Multimaster. Is a really cool multitool made by Fein. It starts life out as a detail sander but then starts to do too many other things to describe. I am drooling over one now, maybe I can convince the wife for Christmas.

Fein Multimaster

thubbard@indy.rr.com

Guest Frank Hagan, Weekender, O

You can view the accessories and the pricing on-line at Amazon.com's Tool Crib (link below). They have all the accessories listed for it too, and the flush cutting attachment looks very nice indeed (I think that is what Bill used). This is definately on my "must have" list now that I know people like it.

From the Shameless Plug Department: In the interest of full disclosure, this site is supported by our alliance with Amazon.com. They pay us a small commission whenever someone links through and buys something from them, and so far, its worked to pay most of the expenses here. But don't feel obligated; we don't know who buys, or anything like that. Kind of a blind trust type of thing. You can use the Amazon link to compare price to your favorite local hardware guy, or Home Depot, etc. They also let people leave reviews of the item, which I find much more helpful than the "Editor's Choice" type of article in the woodworking mags.

Amazon.com's Listing for the Fein Multimaster

fshagan@ev1.net

Guest bill Heil

The Fein is a very high quality tool, way above details sanders from Ryobi or B&D or anyone else. it is expensive but really a useful tool. With tools, you get what you pay for. Bill

schwmh@cconnect.net

• 1 year later...

Just an update. Thanks to the praises here, I purchased one about 9 months ago. I LOVE that tool!

It does so much. It is used on boat building and house remodeling. The saw blades are too expensive, and get torn up when hitting nails while under cutting molding for laminate floor installations, but otherwise, no problems, only cures.

Thanks again for telling me about the Fein.

Greg.

The Fein is a great little tool even if a bit pricey. The basic tool is not too bad but the attachments, like the saw blades, are way over priced. When you need it and nothing else will work, you kind of forget the cost.

As an aside, the saw blade with the section cut off that will allow cuts right up to a corner, was a eureka discovery of your eminent designer, Graham. He broke a blade cutting some oak flooring and discovered the new ability by accident. Told Fein about it and they added it to the list. Got a full set of new attachments but no royalties. :(

Yes I have one of these to. I use it in my day job in the restoration and conservation of period furniture.This is a quality piece of kit that reaches the parts that others can't, not particularly fast but very accurate .We use almost exclusivly the cropped saw blades but had no idea Graham had invented them.What a small world!

Sitting here reading the raves about the Fein Multimaster, I thought "that sounds like a handy gadget - I'd better have a look at one of these". Waiting for the link to their site to load up I thought "Hang on, that name sound familiar" and blow me down if there isn't one already resident in the shed ! I have really only used it as a detail sander and fine or rough it really works well. The oscillations don't rattle your teeth like the cheaper one do. I last used it on the gunwales on the Row 13 just before Xmas. I'll pull it out when I gat home and have a play with the cutter.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

• 5 weeks later...