Surplus stainless machine screws (302) for sale

Plafkin Industries

We have approximately 70,000 stainless machine screws (302) for sale. These could be used in boat building because they will not rust. The size is 10/24 x 3/4, truss head, unslotted, w/shoulder--3/8 inch of thread. These fasteners are packed 5000 to the case. The price is $35.00 per M or $6.50 per hundred. All prices are F.O.B. Ada, Michigan.

Roger Plafkin

Plafkin Industries

plafkin@juno.com

I may be interested in a few' date=' please clarify; [i']unslotted[/i]. Is there no means of securing them??? I would think think they would be slotted, robertson or torx. :?

Capt jake,

These fasteners have 3/8 inch of thread, then the shoulder which is slightly larger in diameter extends to the under part of the head. There is no slot on the truss head, so I am assuming the fastener fits snugly into the hole opening and is basically tapped into the hole.

Roger Plafkin

Plafkin Industries

plafkin@juno.com

Any chance you could take a picture of the screw, showing the head? If you can't upload it, you can always send it to me at frankhagan@ev1.net and I'll upload it.

There are a lot of us who might be interested, but only if there's a way to drive them in. Or perhaps if someone else knows how to utilize them, they'll speak up!

Here's a pic of some Roger sent me so I could post a photo of them.

They look like they would need to be used through-bolted, or perhaps to a sleeve with female threads ... you know, like those furniture connectors you can buy in aluminum. It is unusual to find these in stainless steel!

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If I only had a use for them...

The unslotted sort would typically be used in places where they can be pressed into a slightly undersized hole which would hold the screw so a nut can be screwed on the back. It would probably work well in plywood if you use loc-tite on the threads since you wouldn't be able to crank on the the nut too much.

Too bad they aren't stove bolts with a square shoulder under the head.