Spindrift Pictures

Guest Greg Luckett

Guest Greg Luckett

I would like to see more pictures of these boats so that I could compare the different features, then decide which I would like to build. Cat rig Vs. Sloop rig, 10ft Vs 12ft, nesting, etc. for example.

Thanks,

Greg.

luckettg@qtm.net

Guest Graham Byrnes

The 12' cat rigged standard Spindrift is my first choice. As for the sloop, they're too small to be bothered with the extra cost and complexity of all that rigging, and the cat can outsail the sloop. All nesting boats are a compromise because the bow section has to stow in the stern section which has to be clear of floatation seats etc., plus they are not as stiff as a one piece boat. They should be chosen only if you have no other choice. The S10 is a great little boat but it takes the identical number of steps to build as the S12 which has more room and can carry more weight. Larger people find the S10 just a little cramped for them.

I will try to get more pictures on the Spindrift page soon.

There's a picture of my Spindrift 11 (cat rig, non-nesting) in the 'Okume, meranti or luaun?' thread, but here's another. The orange things are swim noodle fenders, BTW. I don't really have a good picture of it under sail, unfortunately.

Large version

standard.jpg

weaver@corvusdev.com

Guest Frank Hagan, Weekender, O

Nice! I just got the plans, and I'm looking forward to building her. I got the optional CD with images with the plans, which is definately worth it. I'm sure I'll have questions for you as I go along ;)

fshagan@ev1.net