26 foot dawson for sale

barnacle5

I am listing this for a friend. he is a fine old gentleman that I have known from the racetracks. he is a retired ship's captain and now cornerworks with his friend at most of the major racetracks in the south. he is selling his 26 ft. Dawson swingkeel sailboat. it is ketch rigged with a center cockpit and wheel steering. it has a 7 hp BMW inboard diesel engine and an outboard kicker also. it has standing headroom in the cabin and carries 100 gallons of fresh water. has an auto pilot , roller furler,ground tackle , and a full compliment of sails. it has the aft cabin too. it weighs about 4200 # sitting on the trailer . the mast are tabernacled for ease of raising. it is located in northern florida. the boat has done some trans atlantic trips , the carribean and mexico . he says it is a great singlehander pocket cruiser. the owner is Capt. Richard Halstead . his ph # is (727) 420-3955 he is asking 6500.00 US for this boat and will negotiate . sorry no pictures at this time. if interested call the phone number for more details. I haven't had the time to surf the boards this summer. the best to all. barnacle bill