July Messabout question

MikeStevenson

I was just wondering how many of you are watching the Big Messabout plans on the other forum. We'll be there, and I hope a lot of you will be too. As you probably know, we wanted to do this in 1981, but it never was to be. Now we're really looking forward to attending a big meet (and somebody else is organising it! :D )

I'm just trying to drum up attendance as we'd llike to have a chance to meet as many builders as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

Russ: Check your email for details.

Frank: I apologize if I'm stepping on your toes here. I'll be sure to keep BYYB content on that website.

If anyone else has any questions just email me directly at my email link below, or at rearcommodore@byyb.org.

-Steve

Russ: Check your email for details.

Frank: I apologize if I'm stepping on your toes here. I'll be sure to keep BYYB content on that website.

If anyone else has any questions just email me directly at my email link below' date=' or at rearcommodore@byyb.org.

-Steve[/quote']

Actually, that's OK ... I had promised Scott Widmier that I would post something about it after I had to decline his invitation to attend (work, work, work ... plus its pretty far away from me!)

Go ahead and give the details, and if you want messing-about.com to put up a page about it, I'd be happy to, with a link from our home page and the forums.

Where? When?

Yes' date=' what's the big secret? Where and when?

Thanks,

Greg.[/quote']

OK, since no one will respond to the questions, here is the link:

http://www.byyb.org/pn/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=24&bid=26&btitle=Mega%20Messabout&meid=46

Look at the left side of the page for the Mega stuff, I think.

I'm away from home on a business trip in Florida. So I haven't had much chance to check in here or on the BYYB board. I'll put a brief summary below.

Frank,

Thank you very much for your help in getting the word out. This will be a great event for everyone! I'll call my wife and have her email you a copy of our press release in Word and pdf format so that you can post it on Messing.

Who: Anybody with a Stevenson boat

What: 2004 BYYB Chesapeake Mega Messabout

Where: Point Lookout State Park, MD: at the mouth of the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay.

When: July 22 through July 25, 2004

Events: Cruising the beautiful waters of the Chesapeake Bay and lower Potomac River, Open class Racing, Broadsides in full pirate regalia, Poker Run, Seminars hosted by North Sails on sail making and racing tactics, Boat Show, Swap meet, Happy Hour with the Stevenson's, Tour of the haunted Point Lookout Lighthouse with light keeper Laura Berg, and of course necking for crabs.

Thank you very much for your help in getting the word out. This will be a great event for everyone! I'll call my wife and have her email you a copy of our press release in Word and pdf format so that you can post it on Messing.

Got the files from your wife today! I'll try to get a page up on it in the next couple of days. Looks like a fun event!