mast question

adla

Sometimes you people make me wonder, I spent all afternoon fighting to taper my mast :P I can see it now, first person that walks up to my boat will say "Handmade the mast did ya'" Yes indeed, it does have a "rustic" look :oops: No amount of sanding is going to help that much.

yup, looks soooo easy from your pictures...so nice, so smooth. 8) 8)

and then there is MINE :twisted: :twisted: hehee...

I guess the important part is that it will be functional. Beauty is only skin deep, ugly is to the bone...used to be called "workman like." :roll:

Thank goodness for beltsanders....i wonder if I just added a little more bondo.... :wink:

no matter what you think your mast lOoked liKE, i promise you MINE was butchered! COmpLEte WASTE once my circular saw had it's way.

Since the complete butchery, i have confined myself to the air conditioned shop....small brite work projects out of the HEAT :evil: ...

i am STILL impatiently awaiting the arrival of my LEE VALLEY birdsmouth router bit....i have a lovely little laminated MDF," set ME on saw horses", home-made router table that would LOVE to have a bit of mahogany for LunCh.

i will watch my friendship slOop slide show now.

a.

Don't get me wrong: We're seriously in the wood-butcher school of building for the most part. I've only just started playing with the portable Bosch table saw and router table stuff to get better fitted parts. The boats we do are not cabinetry, and especially not the CycleKarts (they get foam and glass and bondo almost all over so the plywood structure is rough.)

Don't sweat the finish.

Mike

Thanks for the reasurance Mike. I am truly a hack and slasher when it comes to building things. I like the building process but don't want to make it a vocation. For me it is not the getting there, that is only half the fun. The best part is when you arrive!!!!!!

Stump; I have a 4" power plane taht you can borrow. Needs a new set of knives, but they are cheap. It works wonders; and wonderfully fast! :)

Call me if you want to borrow it; I won't be up your way to late next week, vacation this week so I can rebuildt the barn, re-roof the barn move some dirt, pull some trees, re-plant flower beds, go to the dump to the dump to the dump dump dump.... :)