The Amphora Dragon launched!!!

Greg Luckett

The weather cleared just as the distinct line in the sky showed a front passing over. We launched, with some help unloading from passerbys.

Here are a few pictures. Sam and Ben were and are ecstatic and so am I!

:D:D:D:D:D

(01-09-05, I updated the pics since the forum changes did not display the old versions well....these should be the same pics, just reformatted to a smaller size. Greg.)

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Here the boys are trying to recover a can they found under the water.

(01-09-05, I updated the pics since the forum changes did not display the old versions well....these should be the same pics, just reformatted to a smaller size. Greg.)

One more. My wife, Edith, liked this one because you can see the boys and the dragon head.

WOW! What fun!!!! You and of course the kids should be very proud (of course you are already bursting! ;) ).

Great work guys!!! If mine were younger :cry: I would have loved to have done this with them. The internet failed me in the fact that it was a wee bit too late.

BUT; I have a grandson who will be old enough for this in a mere 7-8 years...... I would put miracle grow on him, but I know how fast time goes by. With this in mind,; enjoy this precious time and have lots of fun!! :)

You guys ROCK!! :) Love the Mohawk's! :)

If you haven't already, it's time to start the scrapbook. Don't forget to include construction pics and notes plus the kids boat discussions from "Messing". Great material for school reports, but even more valuable for sharing together. Thanks for the great pictures. May lots of fine weather find you this Summer.

If you haven't already, it's time to start the scrapbook. Don't forget to include construction pics and notes plus the kids boat discussions from "Messing". Great material for school reports, but even more valuable for sharing together. Thanks for the great pictures. May lots of fine weather find you this Summer

Jo, how did you get to be so smart? ;) ;)

If you haven't already' date=' it's time to start the scrapbook. Don't forget to include construction pics and notes plus the kids boat discussions from "Messing". Great material for school reports, but even more valuable for sharing together. Thanks for the great pictures. May lots of fine weather find you this Summer.[/quote']

Excellent idea which we will implement. Thankyou!!

Greg, do you have or can you borrow a little trailer (perhaps utility) that Dragon would fit on? If your town is anything like the town where I grew up and many of the towns hereabouts, there are nifty local 4th of July parades which welcome homemade floats. It is easy to imagine Dragon and crew dressed for the part making a splash in a parade. Hey Alexander, your paint job would really be awesome in a parade! :viking: :usa :pirate:

Well, listen, buddy. You're the one who keeps thinking up wild new ideas for interstate boat competitions. Why not a parade requirement? :P And I agree, this is pretty funny. Thanks for sharing the fun. I don't think our grandchildren who live close by would be interested in building an Amphora but I'm beginning to eye one of our small nephews as a possible sailor/oceanographer. Hmmm, what sort of bribe to offer, I wonder?