Race Declared

Mark Gudschinsky

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! Does Dragon fit in it?

It is not a very deep creek unless we have a lot of rain. It widens out about 100 yds down stream but does not get much deeper. After a lot of rain it fills the basin downstream about 200 yards and Dragon could float okay there and then. I did not allow any of the "treasures" found in the creek to be kept or counted, which is partly why I had the boys throw away the old bottles. They have done a lot of digging and playing and some unauthorized fire building too :roll: Incidently, the fire they were building in the basement got them grounded from boating for several weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool! Does Dragon fit in it?

It is not a very deep creek unless we have a lot of rain. It widens out about 100 yds down stream but does not get much deeper. After a lot of rain it fills the basin downstream about 200 yards and Dragon could float okay there and then. I did not allow any of the "treasures" found in the creek to be kept or counted' date=' which is partly why I had the boys throw away the old bottles. They have done a lot of digging and playing and some unauthorized fire building too :roll: Incidently, the fire they were building in the basement got them grounded from boating for several weeks.[/quote']Why did they want to build a fire in the basement :?:

Just playing.

Sam was lighting up newpaper scrap. It was actually the next morning that got them into really hot water. Their bedroom is adjacent to their mom and I. We woke up smelling smoke and Mom got very excited. That is when I terrorized the boys with a paddling and lots of choice "sailor" talk :bad-words: . That seemed to calm their mom down and she let them live longer but grounded (house arrest) for 2 weeks.

Today I found a circuit breaker blown in Sam's room. He was plugging in some of my test equipment and blew the breaker....then took off for the ravine like a scalded cat :lol: He only got a chewing out from dad for that one. :roll: Boys will be boys, I guess :)

What mischief have you been up to, Alexander? :squarewink:

Didn't he go into hibernation last month? Folks in Alaska do it a month sooner than we do here in Michigan.

Actually I'll blatantly plagiarize a favorite Christmas card from the past to explain the lack of boating work:

Sung to the tune of Deck The Halls:

Trek the malls for toys and dollies

Fa La La La La

La La

La

:x-mas: