CS17 camping

Ken_Potts

Hello,

Last Sunday I drove down to Vandemere and picked up plans & plywood for a Core Sound 17 (Yay!) I'm interested in setting it up so that I can camp on board occasionally. Any advice on how to set things up? Photos?

The B and B website has photos of a tent on the Bay River Skiff and there is a mention of "lifting floorboards".

Hey Ken!

You'll really like the CS17!

I had a tent made like a Bimini top. It cost a bit over $500, but was tall enough to sit up in with the floorboards on the floor. With the boards filling the area between the seats and centrboard trunk I had a 5 1/2 foot by 8 foot sleeping area.

Try this link.

http://www.smallsailboats.co.uk/

Gordy

Thanks Gordy,

That looks like a nice weekend you had. It's the type of camping I'm thinking of. You've got a pretty boat there. I like sewing stuff so I'll probably make my own tent for the boat. You mentioned raising the floorboards to make a sleeping platform - How is that arranged mechanically? A ledge on the seats to hold the boards?