Cabinless weekender W/single shroud mast

Mike Kelley

Finaly have pictures of the cabinless weekender, built By Jerry Manges of P.A. I named her "Jeannie's magic carpet" after my girlfriend who does'nt have a bottle...

The wheel was falling apart when I got her,You can see in one of these pic's that I fixed it with braces. I replaced the mast ropes with beaded cable.

Mike

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Mr. Kelly:

What a nice find! A good job on the boat, it looks like (aside from the wheel needing a re-build), and I think that is the strongest open-decked version I've seen. It looks stronger than the one we built in Hawaii. As noted on another post, you may want to beef up your chainplates if you're going to stick with the single shrouds, and perhaps go with swaged fittings or Sta-Lok instead of cable clamps (I don't know how the shrouds and stay are done on your boat.)

Nice project.

Mike

These pics were taken after beieng under a tarp most of this fall, Arizona dust storms fill all my boats with dust ,even when covered. I bought a vaccume just for the boats! it looks better whwn clean.

The drybox acts as a strenghtener for the whole boat,but its fun to trip over.

When I bought this it was posted on this web in the classifieds under cabinless weekender for sale Apr.2003 I think these are the only pic of this boat on the web,as the builder didnt post, except to sell.

all Rakka epoxy. I also like to restore classic fiberglass boats like this one.

Mike

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]