The Boatshed crew hard at work on the Swimmer [an Amphora]

Mark Gudschinsky

What WONDERFUL pictures. Those are some of the neatest I've seen on this board. Reminds me of years ago when my then 10 year old son (now 36) built a Folbot kit mostly all by himself. I still have the boat stored, waiting for when his son, who is now 6- is big enough to paddle the boat.

Dad- you'll have those memories LONG after the kids have kids of their own :)

Alexander and Laura - looks like you guys are doing a great job. I'm impressed and I do that for a living :)

I find this so exciting! :D

Ever since my youngest son was interested in the Amphora when he was little, I've been kicking myself for not building one with him. He loved the book and did a lot of drawings of boats and diving to recover things from wrecks. But at the time we were very much involved in other things so it didn't happen.

Now, he is a new dad with a new son and he still remembers the book and the idea of the Amphora. Maybe he will want to build one with his son when he gets your age.

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted on what is happening. I think Mike Stevenson would love to have a collection of your building photos to document what you are doing. And then some pictures of you doing underwater research and recovery. I'm sure he would find a place for them on their Web site.

Maybe in the Summer you will be able to get some underwater pictures with the viewer. The little dispposable cameras with housings are good too. I took some fun pictures when I was snorkelling last year. I'm sure your parents could track one down for you when you're ready to go swimming!

Mike