Anchor Light

Guest Gordy Hill In Orlando

I just recieved a Scotty Portable Anchor Light that I bought through E-bay.

It's a bit larger than a two cell flashlight and is powered by two D cells. It's made of heavy plastic and the two main sections screw together and have an O ring seal.

It has a photo cell to turn it off in daylight...or to turn it on at night, I never was quite sure how that worked.

It has a substantial ring on the top so you can hang it from a halyard or stay, or shroud, if your boat has such things. My Core Sound 17 has none of them. I think I'll mount it on the end of the up-turned tiller.

I checked, and there was another one offered and I think the seller has a number more to sell. I ended up paying $7.50 plus about $5.50 for shipping. After seeing it, I'd expect to pay at least twice as much, including the shipping, if I got it in a marine outlet.

I think it'll be just the thing for a little boat like mine and I thought you guys might be interested.

I suppose it's ovious, but just in case you aren't familiar with E-bay, go to E-bay and type in 'anchor light' in the search.

sirgordy@peoplepc.com

Opps!

I didn't mean to post this twice. I typed it up last night and couldn't find it tonight and assumed I screwed up posting it last night. I just found the other posting. It's a nice light, but not such a big deal as to tell you about it twice.

sirgordy@peoplepc.com