Anchor Light

Guest Gordy Hill In Orlando

Guest Gordy Hill In Orlando

Hey guys,

I just got a battery operated anchor light from e-bay. I payed $7.50 plus $5.00 for shipping. I believe the seller has more of them. I just checked and there's one offered...there probably are more available.

It's a nice little unit, a bit larger than a two-cell flashlight and powered by two D cells. It's heavily built of plastic and screws together with an O ring seal. It can be hung by a ring on the top (for those of you that have halyards or stays or shrouds or any of those silly things.)

It also has a photo cell to turn it off in daylight...or to turn it on at night, I never really got that straight.

It seems just the thing for a small boat like mine that has no power source.

I'm pretty impressed with the quality of it and get the impression it'll work for quite a while on a set of batteries.

If you're interested, go to E-bay and search for 'anchor light'. It's called a Scotty Portable Anchor Light.

sirgordy@peoplepc.com