Core Sound 17 Pics

Guest Gordy Hill

Guest Gordy Hill

Now that I've tried it myself, try clicking on the link and when you get the home page click on "Pictures". You can enlarge the first picture and then continue to click 'next picture' for the full breathtaking effect.

http://groups.msn.com/smallboats

This is totally uncharted territory for me as far as computer use is concerned, so if there's a problem let me know and I'll try to straighten it out. Actually I'll try to get someone else to straighten it out.

sirgordy@peoplepc.com

Guest Frank Hagan

Looks great, Gordy! I like the D ring lashed on to the mast for the snotter (not sure if that's in the plans or not, but its certainly a way to keep from drilling holes in the mast).

You can provide a link to your album by clicking on Pictures, then the link for your album, then copying the URL in the ADDRESS bar in your browser. For reference, this link will work to take people directly to your album:

http://groups.msn.com/smallboats/gordyscoresound17.msnw?Page=1

Gordy's Core Sound 17 Album on SmallBoats

fshagan@ev1.net

Guest Gordy Hill

Thanks Frank!

The plans call for the snotter to be lashed to the mast, around the end of the sprit and back to a jam cleat on the sprit. It works quite well,but this way seems to make rigging easier and I feel I can acheive more tension (outhaul).

By lashing the "D" ring to the mast I'm able to re-position it to get the sail set I want. Also, it folds flat when I wrap the sail around the mast. When I lashed it, the "D" was nice and straight. I intend to replace it with a triangle.

sirgordy@peoplepc.com

Guest Frank Hagan, Weekender, O

Its the little things that sometimes makes a big difference ... I like to see modifications like that, even ones the builders think are minor, because they inspire people to make their own, and share them.

fshagan@ev1.net

• 3 months later...