UPDATES PLEASE!!!

Wild_Dingo

Seein as its near on Chrissy... an yous fellas an sheilas are heading into yer hibernatin season cause yer all cold and frozen and stuff like that and were all hot and bothered and such... I thought now would be a great time for yous builders restorers and repairers to post progress pics of yer boats...

High C???

Joe CSOH???

Chris???

Jake???

Anyone else whos doin a weegender or a vacashuner or even a pocket crusher please feel energized to post a pic or two 8)

I only hope to have the high bay section of my shop cleaned out in February or so so that I can take Fire Escape inside, step the mast and finish the rigging. I hope!! Then put her outside again in hopes of an addition to the shop (in preparation for the next major boat project.

The kayak has a new home; inverted hanging from the ceiling in the living room. :)

My boat is asleep under a tarp under lots of white stuff.

Too cold to work outside.

Wannna see a picture of bits and pieces of wood smeared with varnish?

I am plugging away at stuff I can do in the (nice warm) shop right now.

Here is what it looks like outside my office window this morning....

Dec1403.jpg

My boat is asleep under a tarp under lots of white stuff.

Too cold to work outside.

Wannna see a picture of bits and pieces of wood smeared with varnish?

I am plugging away at stuff I can do in the (nice warm) shop right now.

Here is what it looks like outside my office window this morning....

Dec1403.jpg

STREWTH MATE!!! Someone dropped icecream all over yer car and yard!!! shite that looks flamin COLD... did I say COLD?? lets try FREEZIN!!! :shock: :shock: okay thats another for the desktop alongside Joes picturesque one of his place in NY and Michael Masons of his place in Nova Scotia man yous fellas have gotta be some kinda seals or something to live in that stuff! :? :lol:

Okay I will now accept given the state of yer yard and that white sugar all over the place and finally realizing just what punishment you are sufferin in your winters (gawd what the blazes did your ancestors do so wrong that you deserve to be that cold??) Anyway mates I will now willingly accept pics of whatever it is your muckin with in yer heated shop... heated? gawd cant imagine it getting that cold!! :(

Good on yer Joe! was wondering how your barn was gettin on... but why did yer stick yer kayak in the rafters for? go have a paddle mate!!! HA! :twisted: remember to stick a personal heater in yer thermal wetsuit wont you!!! :lol: hows the dowh dawh dawle whatever the sail boat is called you and Tess and the dawg muck about in :oops:

Howdy Dingo. It isn't cold here at the moment and we hardly ever get snow here on the south Texas coast. (thank god). It also isn't a Weekender, or any other Stevenson boat, but here's a shot of the Princess 22 I'm building. Making patterns for the cockpit seats right now, but here's all the cockpit framing complete.

By the way- Merry Christmas to you, Possum Poop and the Hoons :)

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Updates you ask? Well, I cooked up some nice venison strips tonight, marinated in sweet-n-sour sauce, saute in butter, and garlic, nice free green salad, homemade cornbread, and and did the dishes. I've been driving Ms. Linda around shopping for the boys coming home this weekend, for the week. I did the wonderful job of supervising the trimming of the tree. :wink: Have a happy warm holiday season wherever you are, and however you celebrate it. May it soon be Peace on Earth, good will for all men, women et,al.

Nice snow picture, but not for me, though. I don't do well in a six weeks summer. But thats just me. Charles the boat is getting there.

Updates?

Well, at first I was telling my wife this was a "shelf", but I could tell she wasn't buying it. I finally admitted it was a centerboard, and then had to explain what that was. Then, at 3am, she woke me up to ask how the water kept on the OUTSIDE of the boat if you have this big slot type hole the centerboard goes into ...

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

I'm at the intense thinking stage. I think this is ofen the most important stage of a project. The old how, what, when, where, who and why's are flying arround in my head. Lots of the decisions I make now, I know, I will totally ignore once I get going. But I need to decide early on otherwise I will confuse myself.

Once all the problems have been thought about, then I feel able to just go ahead and wing it. I think that actually sticking to plans is very over rated.

Shane, it is written, "Many are cold but few are frozen." :D

Julie K is sleeping in a friend's extra garage tucked in with half a box of dryer softener sheets to keep the critters from taking up residence in her. This morning it looks like Tim's picture without the mountain in the background.

Boat number two is underway. The frames are set up. The outer keel is made. The inner keel is started and the transom is roughed out. Blanks are made for the planking. Not much progress for a boat that must be finished by May 1.

I was at the glass stage with the hull when I had to quit on Dr's orders. Should be able to pick it back up by April. Hopefully on the water by end of May.

I have all the spars, finished hatch parts and trims completed.

Now the entire project is in storage along with my entire shop and all the equipment while I find a new (hopefully permanent) location to set up shop. Looking for a high bay area with a 10' wide/high overhead door and at least 50' deep. Would actually prefer a space on the order of 50X 60 with space to put a finished loft above part of it. (Space for lofting out full size patterns and laying out pieces for working.)

Need a space for a compressor room and dust collection equipment. Finishing/paint booth large enough for a motor home or a large trailerable boat to fit inside. Wood shop space and assembly area. Ideally with seperate overhead door access for delivery with wood storage racks adjacent and accessible to the shop space.

Might have to build it, steel building, well insulated, heated and ventilated.

Probably in the Mukilteo/Everett area or even South Whidby Island. Be nice if it were on the water, but not essential. Light industrial park most likely.