West coast trailer sailers

Scott Dunsworth

That's me in the CS17. We had an wonderful 3 day weekend. Everyone loved the camping tent over the raised deck layout. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering such a modification. You may have noticed in some of the pictures that I was sailing only one sail. I was practicing the "furl up the main & relocate mizzen to center step" reefing method. I was amazed at how well it sailed using only 40% of the sail. I simply can't imagine a better open sail camping boat for one or two people. Dale Neimann who posts here is a member of the WCTSS and is in the process of building a CS17 so there should be plenty of future pics to browse.

Yes, I am am member of the West Coast Trailer Sailors and we do have great events. I sail the 10ft long John Marples yellow tri Bananas that I built several years ago. If you look at some of the old photos on the site you will see my Bananas with her spinniker flying.

Here is my copy of the url. Hope it works.

Dale

http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/index.htm