ALLECAT SEA TRIALS TODAY...

Rob Blackburn

Well guys, it has happened.

http://homepage.mac.com/blackburns/PhotoAlbum47.html

Allecat took to the water at 11.30am today in Ballina Australia.

Got to bed at about 11pm last night, got up early, power bacon and eggs, double coffee at 7.30am and last minute stuff done by 11am.

Drove to Ballina and put the sails up for the FIRST time and cut the ropes and launched her into the river...

All went perfectly. This is the sea trial. The offical launch is in 2 weeks time after we get back from Fraser Island.

Eric Sandberg who built her was fantastic. I know most people home build and I take my hat off to them, I don't reckon I could have. I know I could not have done the job Eric did. His attention to detail has been fantastic. No arguing no stuff ups. Just a very happy experience.

I want to thank all the people on the site who have kindly given me advice and shown me the correct path. I have really enjoyed the entire thing.

It has been like living in a Wooden Boat article for the whole time. I really have enjoyed "meeting" you people and hope I can be as generous with other people.

I asked my kids to take heaps of digital photos. I got this few and about 12 of the dog on the beach.

We did get digital video which will need editing and will go up for those interested in a couple of weeks.

She sailed well, tacked, gybed and ran. Better than i had hoped for. The tiller was light, everything was great.

The wind was gusting 25knots too so no reefs and a crew of 4 adults and 3 kids was perfect.

Signing off to close up and go on hols.

Shall put a full report up on my return.

Thanks again.

Rob

Guest Richard Whitney

Well done Rob - it it nice to know there is a Core Sound boat afloat in this part of the world. I am still aiming for Christmas hols. to get my CS 17 in the water.

Richard Whitney

Auckland NZ