Big Cat Ketch

Steve Day

Steve, I don't often see Sailing magazine. I know Tom Wylie has done some cat ketches and he is a very competent designer so I'm sure his 65 will be a good boat. I am not sure if it is the size of the boat that has piqued your interest but there is nothing wrong with the scale of the boat that sound engineering can't solve.

Rob, I am getting excited for you and looking forward to hearing of your launching next week.

This is the first time I have seen the cat ketch in such a large boat, and that certainly piqued my interest a bit. The other thing is to see a boat that large with free standing masts. I'm sure I've never heard of that.

I am relatively new to the concept of the cat ketch, so these boats caught my eye.

Right now, I'm just happy working on my Spindrift 10N. 8)

Steve