Great Find

Paul Rahn

This weekend I found a trailer for $60.00 which just happened to come with a 1962 16' Peterson Petrel sailboat attached to it. The Sailboat was actually in better shape than I thought it would be but I am not ready to undertake another project right now. Besides, the hull had many nice fittings that I was able to remove and it looks like the boom very close in length to the Weekender plans (it also has a nice gooseneck attachment).

In any case, the hull is going to the happy sailing ground in the sky unless it finds a true optimist to take it off my hands (sans trailer of course!)

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Most recent predictions put Charleston South of the cone of danger. Besides, I paid my optional flood insurance premium for this year so it is highly unlikely we will be hit. Now if I hadn't paid my insurance premium the forecasters would be predicting the path right down to my street address! :)

Isabel is supposed to hit Allentown!? We are over 100 miles inland but it supposed to be fairly severe even here. We normaly get the tails of hurricanes with minor damage but this is supposed to be the worst storm in many years here and is coming Thursday morning. The Gail Jean is out in the driveway with her new tarp on, I still need to strap it down. Nice find, a lot better of a deal than my new trailer.