Had a great sail

Pat Mellema

I went out tonite and had a great sail. I got out on the lake with winds at about 8 mph with gusts to 25 from a different direction. It was a real learning experience. I managed to get about 5 miles down the lake. It took about 45 minutes to get down the lake and about 30 minutes to get back. I arrived at the marina at about 20 minutes before sunset. I was told on the way out that there was a storm coming in in about 3 hours so I decided not to stay out to long.

Now for the problem I found about a quart of water in the rear seat locker so I am going to have to figure out where it is coming in and repair it. I didn't see any problems on the outer hull so it is going to have do some searching to find the leak.

:shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock:

I think what Beaker is saying is that the wind direction didn't change, just the apparent wind. This was caused by increased wind velocity which changed the vector the boat was moving. Thus, the apparent wind would change to more of an aft position.

Am I right Beaker?

Beaker also indicated how to sail so the gusts are better utilized and cause less disturbance to your sailing.

Gee wiz Beaker...

oh man that is priceless!!!

After seeing Bill's beaker chalk board, I started laughing. I laughed so hard that I fell out of my seat! And I couldn't breathe for a couple minutes!

Frank, you gotta put that one on the calendar!

Beaker, what happened??? you are really in your prime today!