CS 20 Progress... (undercoating)

Rob Blackburn

http://homepage.mac.com/blackburns/PhotoAlbum45.html

Some more shots...

The undercoat is underway and the final bit of wood work the coaming has been steamed and fitted.

I think we are up to 300 hours about now...

Went and bought all the blocks etc the other day and are fitting them on the weekend. Getting exciting.

Picked up the sails and they look really good. I just got plain white and a couple of big long bags so as to leave them on the masts when not sailing. The sailmakers scratched their heads a bit but in the end were quite happy with the whole idea. They are normally at the other end of the market, fully battened Mylar for cats.

Hopefully launching next Sunday but I have this feeling that it won't happen until the week after. Never mind.

Cheers

Rob

The bollard and anchor well is a nice idea.

The ring around the main mast hole is also a very good addition. I am now in the process of rigging my boat and so have put the masts in and out a few times. Having something to catch the end of the mast during placement and keep it in position while maneauvering the rest of the mast into place, all without scratching the paint, will be very useful.

All is looking very nicely done. Congratulations.

the name.... this is a contentious issue.. I was lobbying for "Wildcat"... Cat as in cat ketch, Wild after Frank Wild.. Ernest Shackletons stalwart expedition comrade in the Southern Ocean.

But... my daughters Alex and Catherine want..."Allecat" or some such derivation.. and they are using this name already so am a bit boxed in on this one.

We called our dog Hagrid so odd names run in the family I guess.

Rob

looking great. Like me your weather will be warming up a bit - better for epoxy and paint drying. Can I ask what wood you used for the coamings - what thickness and how did you deal with the curved corners.

I have used Tasi Oak for the tiller. Have been thinking Sepelle Mahogony or Jarrah for the coamings. I am hoping to glass the bottom of the hull next weekend. I am spending 2 -4 day every 2nd week on OZ at the moment - it is meaning my weekend building time is being dented. Still planning to be in the water by Xmas hols.