CS 17 in the 10,000 Islands

Paul356

Here are a few photos of my recent trip in CarrieB to the 10,000 Islands along the Florida Gulf Coast.  Also in the fleet were a Sea Pearl 21, with two aboard, and another solo sailor on a Scamp.  The Scamp sailor and I slept on our boats all 11 nights; the two on the Sea Pearl camped shoreside a few nights.  We launched and recovered at the Rod & Gun Club in Everglades City, highly recommended; $20 to launch and $10/night for parking, plus a great "Old Florida" feel at the lodge and in the town.   CS 17 is a great boat.

At anchor.jpeg

CB and Dragonfly.jpeg

CB and Venus.jpeg

CB closehauled.png

CB ready to start.jpeg

Life on board.jpeg

On the beach at Rabbit Key.jpeg

Reefed for the downwind run.jpeg

setting up for the night.jpeg

• Like 1

I assume that you’ve both heard of the WCTSS?  They cruise these waters regularly.  I came down to FL this spring, just to hang out with them.  They are a friendly and helpful bunch of sailors!  Their website is wctss.net, plus they have a FB page.  Here’s a calendar of events for this year.  But they will also have some impromptu events as well.

7809BBB7-7A27-4674-9E22-02F5552AE7FB.jpeg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...