CS17 keel

Another question of those of you who have already done this bit. Did you fiberglass the center seam on the bottom of the boat before attaching the keel, or did you just bed the keel straight on top of the seam?

Thanks Richard

PS

Had an accident today where the webbing holding the bow of the up when I pully it up off the ground to park the cars underneath slipped when I was lowering the boat to work on it. The bow crashed down and put a hole in the port panel right on the keel seam and just behind the forward bulkhead. I will need to read up Devlin's book where he talks about mending holes. :oops:

Sorry to read about your accident. :x

I bet there was a few words said that don't need repeating. If that happen to me the neighbors would know about it and I live out in the country. I hope the damage wasn't bad. At least it happened at a stage where I would assume the boat is still fairly light and there was no beautiful finish to have to repair. Or, the boat could have been finished, and the car was parked under....

I don't know the answer to the question, but I'm anxious to see pictures when you get the keel on.