2023 Salish 100

Docpal

Hello,

Are any B & B owners/sailors going to participate in the Salish 100 this Summer?

I'm seriously considering a road trip with Petunia as she hasn't been there yet...

And since my Baja fleet has expanded to unmanageable size I am also  thinking of finding a place in the area to list her for sale after the cruise,  details on that to follow.

However my current crew for the event may have a scheduling conflict , so if anyone would be interested doing the race/cruise in a CS 17 MK? drop me a note. This is an evolving scenario...

Docpal

I did it this summer on my friends Cornish Shrimper. Puget sound is a beautiful place, but unfortunately the winds are very light that time of year. The Cornish Shrimper is very stout and under canvased. It would have been much more fun on Skeena, my CS20.3 due to her light air manners. 

Good luck if you

get to go!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

We did make it up to Olympia,WA and then ran with the fleet up to Port Townsend,WA and stopped at a few harbors, and anchorages along the way.

55 boats, also an  SUP, a Whitehall, and a 20 pound carbon fiber rowing proa/canoe who paddled the 100 miles, in many cases beating us to the next port as there was not a lot of wind throughout the week.

It's a great idea: cruising in company. You'll still spend hours tweaking each and every facet for performance, as compared to any boat in sight, but as long as everyone finds their way to the next port, it's all good.

They've got a gazillion pix of the cruise,with sailing videos,etc. on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285180382147515

Mt.-Ranier.jpg