The Cotton Ball Test

Don Silsbe

I just want to share a tip I discovered on an old MAS epoxy video.

One problem is knowing how soon it’s OK to apply an additional coat of epoxy on your work. MAS recommends a test using a cotton ball.  Lightly touch the recently epoxied surface with a cotton ball.  If it comes away clean, it is not ready yet.  If fibers are left behind on the surface, you can give it another coat.  
NOTE:  Do this test in an obscure corner.  Those cotton fibers are going to peek through your final product.  Also, this test doesn’t work after four or six hours.

2 hours ago, Don Silsbe said:

I just want to share a tip I discovered on an old MAS epoxy video.

One problem is knowing how soon it’s OK to apply an additional coat of epoxy on your work. MAS recommends a test using a cotton ball.  Lightly touch the recently epoxied surface with a cotton ball. If it comes away clean, it is not ready yet. If fibers are left behind on the surface, you can give it another coat. 
NOTE:  Do this test in an obscure corner.  Those cotton fibers are going to peek through your final product.  Also, this test doesn’t work after four or six hours.

Did you mistype this description?  Or are you saying that purely wet resin does not pull any cotton fibers away when touching it?