Lake Wisota Club — Some Sailing Oppotunities?

I sent an email to the Yacht Club on Lake Wisota. I’ll put the response below. 

I enjoyed going to Lake Wisota last summer for their Regatta, the first in many years.  The folks I met were very friendly and they have a nice setup with a landing and docks, beach, clubhouse, and lots of parking space. 

Races occurred in late morning into the afternoon, and I went to the starting line. The winds were stronger than I am comfortable with in my Core Sound 15. It was easy heading downwind to the starting area.  Once there, I reefed both sails but still felt uncomfortable.  Several boats had capsized, one needing a rescue by a safety boat. After some flailing around I just decided to lower the sails to calm things down. I started up my motor and enjoyed a cruise back to the clubhouse.  Most folks were out on the water (quite a good number of boats) and I just loaded up Norma T for a trip back home. 

This is the club’s location:

DAC03737-86A8-4A52-BB79-75E9DD272F8D.thumb.jpeg.058560045438d3239b15c8a4b1bc7855.jpeg

3E8237F5-63B3-4BE6-BB2C-9C61A6970441.thumb.png.f487c0bb4e134036f09a84921a1afc64.png

768B4705-0699-4F1C-906D-28AB63B24B76.thumb.png.12096ceb6e22bc0ec3cfaf8170ee34b6.png

This is the email response I received when I asked whether we might join them from Lake DuBay sometime. I would really enjoy heading over with some people on a Friday, launching and staying overnight on the water, then meeting folks at the clubhouse on Saturday. Just keep it in mind. 

Hello Ted

We would love to have you guys over to Lake Wissota to sail.

We are in the process of setting up our calendar for next year. We have a number of Saturday races that all are welcome to participate in.
The races are usually 1 o’clock in the afternoon. These are just fun free races.

I believe there will be a second annual regatta scheduled for next year as well.

Let’s keep in touch and make this work.

You can access our calendar through the Lake Wissota Yacht Club.  I believe will have it all updated by the first of the year.
Hope to see you.

These are my very few photos from my trip to Lake Wisota’s Regatta last July 24. I’m motoring back to the clubhouse after lowering my sails (and calming things).  The waves weren’t big but wind was strong on the east side of the lake where races began. I would be inclined to bring my CS17.3 with a cabin next year. 

image.thumb.png.cc79d6f45eab355fb2587dfc4edd458b.png

Back at the dock. 

image.thumb.png.00b923f5f852f429c3fe0c20e27740e5.png

A nice gathering area beneath the clubhouse. 

image.thumb.png.2b45bd257a823138e4d2c4258417a310.png

• PadrePoint changed the title to Lake Wisota Club — Some Sailing Oppotunities?