Marissa Hull #97

Jay Moody

Hello...My name is Jay and my wife and I have embarked on the journey of building the Marissa 18'...We have built kayaks [3], paddle boards [3] and felt it was time to move on. This different but epoxy is the same. We are experiencing some difficulty in sequencing the plans..a little hard for us to figure out what comes next.  So we often spend as much time studying the plans and looking at pictures as we do actually working. All is well right now ...a little more structural work and then on to bottom hull sections.

All advice greatly appreciated 

Jay

D0953167-8BA1-4E0A-B202-B75A3AFC2509.heic

Hey Jay, 

I couldn't get your video to play but happy to see you on here and rest assured any issues you come across we will be happy to help resolve with you. I think it is a fair critique that we should have a bit more info on the build sequence for Marissa as she's become very popular in the last 5 years or so with over 100 plans sold now and she is too good a boat for first time builders to be scared off from taking her on. We will work on that. In the mean time we are so happy to have you here!

-Alan

I have searched for the build photos  that used to be on the local community college web page but I cannot find it anymore. That was a fairly decent tutorial for any beginner or for someone deciding if the boat would work for them.  Maybe Alan has more information on the old files. I did speak to the fellow thats doing their boatbuilding program now. But he states the files are missing from the inner workings of the college. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...