Out sailing on a CS 17

Paul356

He thinks this is great!! 
Our grandkids at “family camp” were captured by their new kid-sized sit-upon kayaks that they could control on their own and riding behind my recently finished ski-boat in a three person tube.  But Gramma Camp is coming up for more sailing time. 

Great video, Reacher.  As I told Ted over the weekend, thanks for getting the kids involved!  Forgive the bluntness, but there are way too many old men sitting alone in their boats bemoaning that "kids these days" just want to be on screens.  Invite a kid along with you the next time you go sailing!  Well done!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, Andy.  I'd say iffy.  We pondered both bridges and couldn't quite tell if the CS 17 masts would fit beneath them.  The water was still a little high last summer, so maybe if it falls again this summer the clearance will be more obvious.  Mona Lake is at Lake Michigan level.  West of the second bridge is a channel before the lake, so there's an area where you could pull up and put up masts if you wanted to motor out first and then rig after the bridges.  Mona was pretty good for sailing, especially in the middle pool, where the ramp is.  The ramp, in the park on the north shore, was fine, and there was a sandy beach next to the ramp to pull up and rig or get the car, etc.  Two slots at the ramp.

I just tried to check NOAA charts and there isn't one for Mona Lake, which you have probably discovered already.  The overall Lake Michigan chart that is available does not even show the bridges.