I bought a used Core Sound 17 in great condition have one question about centerboard

musicmanx2

Im going to install new Fun pads instead of old style boat lift. You can use them for more things, kayaks, boats etc and able to walk all the way around your boat, kayak, jetski etc all on a large deck that goes up and down. You can change for your tide changes too. Many more uses then with standard boat lift. You can lower down with remote and float boat or kayaks onto the large pad.

• 2 weeks later...

To do bottom maintenance on my CS 17, I launch it at the beach in about a foot of water. Then, tip her over with a little weight on the masts.  I then can patch dings on the keel and Centerboard, and spend a nice afternoon sitting on the sand waiting for the epoxy to harden.  A case of beer, radio with a ballgame on, a sandwich or two, some good company, and we've got a great day on the water.  By evening, sail back to the launch with a smile and sunburn on my face.  

I do have a boat lift from Brownell as well for off season work.  It was pricey, but I use it a few times a year to maintain the "fleet".  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...