B&B Messabout 2021: October 22-24

Chick Ludwig
Message added by Alan Stewart,

B&B ANNUAL MESSABOUT
The ANNUAL B&B MESSABOUT is APPROACHING FAST! are you ready? 

When:  October 22-24, 2021,  Mark your calendars!

See more information here.  Messabout info on the B&B website

Please let us know if you plan to attend... Sign up for the Messabout here (It's Free!)  

What's the latest on the messabout. I just signed up for it. Looks like Covid is here to stay for awhile. GOTTA have Saturday night BBQ!!! Maybe we could all wear masks and the folks that bring the BBQ could serve it out to us so we wouldn't touch the serving utensils.

@Andy B  The weather is usually very pleasant.  Highs are generally in the low 80’s.  Nights can be chilly.  But we’re talking the weather here, so anything is possible.  A few years ago, a hurricane passed through a few weeks earlier.  I remember one year being very chilly, at least at night. (I tent camp at the shop.) But mostly, the weather is wonderful.  Hope to see you there!  Whatcha bringin’?

31E512A0-F44F-4FF5-B732-ED153DB42C13.jpeg

D477B374-8AC8-48E1-8B2F-650A93A5C521.jpeg

77E40F96-66F9-4AEB-8756-BA51F3B5B1BE.jpeg

1A9B3FC7-277B-4F2B-A65F-8013D09723F7.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the current list of boats you're likely to see at this years messabout. Sign up and add yours if you don't see it here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQNHZyXYwXtqoK0od56zY75FNxF_9VUKYQ40F7PQXo2Onr8ZGtYdFAyzYqKnd2mmtlR70m_qCQdTXk6/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see that Core Sound 29!

LOL

I’m looking forward to this, even though we won’t be able to do all our traditional socializing while dining.

@Andy B— mainly, we gather, and ogle each other’s boats.  It is common to offer others a sail on your boat.  That way, you can experience nearly the whole line.  One time, I got a sail on a Core Sound 20 mk1.  It was like sailing in a Greyhound bus!  (In a very nice way.)  We sit and chat a lot, making new friendships.  There are all sorts of tricks you learn about sailing, too.  I remember one cat ketch manipulating their sails in a particular way at the dock that they calmly veered off from the dock as easy as you please, and sailed away.  I’ve been practicing that one.  Graham often has some sort of boatbuilding demo.  Sometimes there is a “friendly race”, whatever that is.  Normally, the weather is “early fall”, with chilly nights and warm days.  Hope to see you there.

Don Silsbe (AKA Thrillsbe)

• Like 1

@Thrillsbe thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately it's not in the cards for me this year, but hopefully I can plan for coming years.  It would be a great way to try before buying, so to speak!  I'm currently interested in the "greyhound bus" you mentioned, I suppose that's the equivalent of the passenger van we have to haul 5 kids and equipment!

On 10/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, messingdd97 said:

Hey, Alan:

I don't see the Mini Trimaran on the list. Will it be at the Messabout?

Thanks

dd97, 

I am not sure if Cap't Bones is planning to bring his or not. If not then no there won't be one there. Doug has hull #2 but she's not ready for the water quite yet. 

-Alan

B&B now has the capability to weigh any boat that you can drag to the Messabout. We are offering to weigh any boats that comes. You can drive your trailer onto the scales before launching and return your empty trailer to the scales. Alan has made up a pretty spreadsheet that we can print out and you can learn more about your rig than you ever wanted to know.

• Like 2

Things have finally firmed up and I will be making the trek from Milwaukee.  I'm planning to arrive Thursday afternoon or evening.  I can launch then or Friday a.m., depending what time I arrive and who is around.  I will have my tent, but I am planning to sleep on my boat if the weather is ok.  Leaving late Sunday or Monday a.m.  See you all then.  

sunrise.jpg

• Like 2

I’m planning on arriving Wednesday afternoon.  If I can get some last-minute stuff done, I’ll sleep on my boat Wednesday and Thursday.  For the weekend, I’m moving ashore to my traditional large encampment.  Others are welcome to pitch their tents on another side of the shade awning.  This is what it’ll look like on Friday.

4CA31968-C39F-423D-AC76-0F55864C4E96.jpeg

Hey Chick,

I am also disappointed but your health is more important. I hope that you can sort it out soon.

The weather is about as pretty as it can get and it looks good through the weekend. Randy and Tom have the property nicely groomed and people re starting to roll in.