Main sheet questions for Core Sound 20

Reacher

Thought I would add an update to the mainsheet thread. 

First, for CS20 mk1 sailors I recommend a 60' mainsheet to fully extend the sail when easing the sheet from one side. The minimum is 52, but with 60' you can get some forward rotation which is good for sailing wing and wing.

Second, I really like the BandB 3/8 dinghy braid. Much better feel than the sta set line I was using. 

On my Bay River Skiff, I started out with the clam cleats, but didn’t like them.  They only accommodate a single insertion angle.  6DC8B26A-DA6B-4A00-81B0-C13AF2FC895E.thumb.jpeg.206a98b2961f62385d5ee92325f6de9e.jpeg

It didn’t take long for me to switch to these Ronstan fairleads with swiveled jam cleats. They move to whatever position I’m sailing from.  The cleats are in the lower left corner of this photo of my first mate in her preferred sailing position.FE6DFFF7-EC09-4BF9-9F61-4EB0B91E944E.thumb.jpeg.64c7da4db2838eafa5feb973ce7d635c.jpeg

• Like 1

I switched to the Ronstan units on all 4 of my sheets, i.e., double-ended main and mizzen.  They make a huge difference, especially when I'm sailing alone in heavier weather and need to adjust from where I'm sitting without moving.  They are pricy, but worth it in this case.

• Like 1