What type of varnish?

Huckleberry

Hello all.

I’ve just finished skinning my frame with some of the 6oz fabric (thanks Jeff - really quick delivery and a lovely fabric) and the canoe looks so good in white that I want to waterproof with a clear varnish. I’m struggling to find a spar urethane varnish in the uk and wondered if you thought the epifanes below would be any good? If not have you any advice on what I should look out for?

many thanks, 

3BF87915-DF6C-4B2C-8266-D6F92FD1F485.thumb.png.8362f0af35cb2c8610b3739503223d41.png

Varnish and Urethanes are 2 entirely different animals.  One is an oil based product, the other is a plastic. There is no such thing as a urethane varnish.  Like so many words in the English language the word varnish has been misused to mean any clear coating. As oil based paints have been proven to work well for these boats I would suggest real varnish.  It will however add an amber translucent color.