Sydney RAID

Gira Gira

G’day,

last weekend, the Sydney RAID group cruised Port Hacking (Australia).

A variety of sailing dinghy’s attended, I sailed my CS17.

Port Hacking is my home port, which made it easy for me, some people traveled quite a distance to attend.

We sailed out offshore on Saturday in perfect winter conditions, light breeze & sunny. We saw dolphins & a lone seal.

Halunch back in port at Jibbon Beach and then headed up river to a beautiful calm anchorage surrounded by bushland.

After a chilli night aboard we had a leisurely Sunday breakfast and then headed back.

A great weekend was had by all.

John

41743FF8-FCBC-40DF-A839-B5A31C8A7AAE.jpeg

83E3EE0C-6699-44F5-AFCA-A565ECE9B46C.jpeg

BCD541DC-C3AC-4AF9-85E8-0718E929C08C.jpeg

62C5A32F-E866-4377-90D1-EDCC2DEB99DE.jpeg

E0D0BB2A-3844-4A75-946A-C0F7DC79E811.jpeg

F9361167-BC78-49FC-9EF9-C1F1B675331D.jpeg

Peter,

I’m not sure how this video stuff works. Last time I posted videos some people could see them but some could only hear them. It was something to do with the type of device or app?  they were viewed in. I know thats probably not much help ,I’m just a tradie, I only know how to fix things by hitting them with a hammer...maybe someone else can help.

cheers John

Re: Videos

(I could hear and see the above videos well… and there was no delay.)

I had stumbled into another way to share videos in this Messing-About Forum. 

I’ve uploaded a video I wish to share to my YouTube channel (easy to set up, and free) and pasted a link to that video into my forum entry.  

An example, I uploaded to my YouTube channel this little “My Memory” video that my phone had produced (on its own) of some photos I’d taken.  Below, I pasted the YouTube link into this reply and the forum itself made the picture appear. (It is of last October’s Messabout.)

This approach (I think) works effectively in this forum. 

(Only those who try viewing the video above will be able to state whether this approach works well or not.  ?)

Oh, and Gita Gira, nice post. I enjoyed it. Thanks. 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:26 PM, Gira Gira said:

Peter,

I’m not sure how this video stuff works. Last time I posted videos some people could see them but some could only hear them. It was something to do with the type of device or app?  they were viewed in. I know thats probably not much help ,I’m just a tradie, I only know how to fix things by hitting them with a hammer...maybe someone else can help.

cheers John

I was able to watch them by downloading them John.

Looks like you had fantastic conditions!

Peter