Core Sound in Michigan

Andy B

I am interested in sailing a Core Sound.  I am located in northern Michigan.  I've read a lot about them but I've never sailed one.

I currently own a Sea Pearl 21, so I am familiar with and really enjoy the cat ketch sailplan (actually purchased from Steve W who post here, and I've seen his beautiful CS 20 mk3).  I am considering adding another boat to the fleet to accommodate my large family (how cool would two boats camp0crusing be?!).

My preference would be a Core Sound 20 mark 1, but I would be satisfied with testing out any of the core sound series.  If anyone has a core sound in Michigan and would be open to having me join you for a sail please let me know.

Hey Andy, I hope you are enjoying WildCat, or whatever name she has these days. I really was sad when you pulled away with her. She was 13 years mine and if she could talk she'd have a lot to say.

I don't have much to add, but there is a classified page here that occasionally has a CS for sale. Also, I'd act quick on getting a boat for the kids. That family will grow fast. I thought WildCat would sail with Skeena piloted by my boys, but the build took too long and away they went.

Reacher,

I would enjoy taking a drive over to Marinette some day this summer to meet you and see your boat. You’re about 2 1/2 hours from my home... about the same distance I drove to meet Thrillsbe (while on vacation in North Carolina last month) and to see his naval yard... (driveway).  ?

• Like 1

Padre, yes, it would be good to sail with another Core Sound owner. I haven’t had the boat in the water yet this summer but that could happen in the next few days. I will let you know.

Andy B, I would be good with driving to Gladstone or Manistique if that would help your planning.

Reacher--thanks much for the invite.  We haven't set a lot of plans for the summer yet but we often make it to the UP and if we do I will send you a message.

Steve W:  Yes, still very much enjoying the Sea Pearl, and yes, she's still named Wildcat!  Your improvements/inventions are much appreciated.  She made it into lakes Michigan and Huron last summer, I only need to add Superior someday to complete her list!  And you are right about buying instead of building, the kids grow too fast.