Improvements to Rosie for 2021 season

Kennneee

Hi Guys- Rosie received some upgrades this year. I removed our 66 AH AGM battery and added a 100AH Lithium. It actually give us almost 3x the usable capacity and around 1/2 the weight. I also built a “tower” to mount a 150watt solar panel. It is also a good place for our life ring to hang and  to mount a spool of line for stern tying while at anchor (not my favorite way to anchor but very common in these waters). I also added an engine cover that double as a cockpit table. Tilts up nicely when the engine is raised. I don’t think the “tower” is an aesthetic plus but it was the best I could come up with to have the solar panel out of the way and unshaded. With a dinghy and 2 stand up paddle boards on the PH roof there isn’t much real estate left for much else. There are a few other things I have done to her such as changing the angle of the head door to give a bit more room on the throne.  The scary part is she is pretty done. Now I am doing maintenance like redoing varnish. Not nearly as much fun as building! 

We spent our first night out for the season last night and had a great time. So glad to have her back in the water. Love this boat! 

00D20B32-DA67-4963-BD7E-1AD74D105574.jpeg

F5B6F3DE-BDD8-43E4-BB20-2A70ABC44C2A.jpeg

DCDA1BA5-9A55-416F-BE16-A0083C2068F6.jpeg

BE2C4AA8-9C3C-4E68-AF85-CB59BAE86DF7.jpeg

176FA853-A1D1-41C1-83E1-7E6E04678C75.jpeg

A5D21168-30AE-47FB-A19E-4CA28D9ADD06.jpeg

018D95A2-2812-4EF9-B4DF-CEF939BAB003.jpeg

6727E07C-47CE-450B-995F-651EE5507B94.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Guys- Been out on Rosie for the last few days and away from wifi. Jay, I agree. Time on aboard helps to figure out all of the refinements that make our boats just a bit better. The best place to stowe things, ergonomics, etc. Lots of fun. The down side to all of the improvements is the added weight. A pound here and there have made a small negative difference in fuel consumption. The price for creature comfort.

Don thanks for the complement of the engine cover. I like how it cleans up the look of the aft end of the boat. The table has turned out to be a nice addition.

Reacher, noise reduction has not been as good as I hoped. Only slight improvement. I might try some kind of insulation and hope that helps. Thankfully, even if the sound is not reduced a great deal I am glad to have the cover. More sound reduction will be a bonus.

Ken