Ravenswood Build in NC

Wheezy

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

FROG!!  Still have to paint and mount the top two coaming rings but other than that it’s ready to seal the wood.  Not completely sold on my hatches but they are standard 8 and 10 inch sized so I can add commercial ones later if need be.  

22F8DDC6-D56E-45DE-9526-667A3C793359.jpeg

2E00AE06-F60F-428F-A25C-5B6D35390CE0.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still have some cosmetic items to finish but I’ve had it on the water.  Paddles great!  I did manage to tip over getting into it one time, still getting used to that.  I have run aground on logs a few times also and haven’t ripped it, putting my mind at ease about its toughness.  Planning on a camping trip with it at the end of them month.  So glad I built this.  

F6E2F757-F0B8-4136-B6A6-25378D1FFC71.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 7:56 AM, Wheezy said:

I have run aground on logs a few times also and haven’t ripped it, putting my mind at ease about its toughness. 

I slide across logs all the time. Everyone cringes up and I think nothing of it. Logs are not very abrasive it at all.

If you haven't, install a rub string on the bow. That area takes the most abuse and is the most common area to get damaged. A rub strip solves that!

On 7/10/2021 at 5:12 AM, Kudzu said:

I slide across logs all the time. Everyone cringes up and I think nothing of it. Logs are not very abrasive it at all.

If you haven't, install a rub string on the bow. That area takes the most abuse and is the most common area to get damaged. A rub strip solves that!

I ended up stuck on the end of a branch stub lurking just below the surface.  Left a dent in the fabric but no puncture.   Probably shouldn’t have been paddling as fast as I was in this murky river but I was having too much fun.  

I do have the brass rub strip on the bow and stern where I commonly ground it but I was flying up the river!

9FABF048-99F2-43E5-BF3E-AE515C9E8E08.jpeg