Australian source of untreated polyester

rigididg

21 hours ago, Kudzu said:

I can ship enough for one boat for about $30 US using the Postal Service.

Thanks for response Jeff. When I put it through the calculator on your website for 18 ft of 9oz polyester it quoted $81US for the fabric and $92 US for the postage. Is your figure above by air or sea?

This question has been asked a few times over the years and I've never seen anyone come up with a source in Aus. I bought my polyester from Jeff along with footrests, sinew and Jeff's book. There should not be a lot of extra postage for the extra items if you get them all in 1 order. That $92 US is excessive, especially with the exchange rate, but if it was under about 50 for all the items you need then it would be worthwhile.

The store calculates shipping based on weight and distance. There is no way I can put in all the options or combinations in.  Flat Rate boxes can bey much cheaper and there is no way to put those into the store software.

BUT, I was mistaken on the price. 

I just double checked and it is $89.95 to ship to Australia in a Flat Rate Box. Obviously no discount there.  

International start at $30 and I thought I had shipped to Australia  for that price but I am obviously mistaken. Heck, the flat envelope for documents is $41!   And Postal Service is always the cheapest.

Sorry!

On 1/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, labrat said:

This question has been asked a few times over the years and I've never seen anyone come up with a source in Aus. I bought my polyester from Jeff along with footrests, sinew and Jeff's book. There should not be a lot of extra postage for the extra items if you get them all in 1 order. That $92 US is excessive, especially with the exchange rate, but if it was under about 50 for all the items you need then it would be worthwhile.

Thanks Labrat

On 1/27/2021 at 12:14 AM, Kudzu said:

The store calculates shipping based on weight and distance. There is no way I can put in all the options or combinations in.  Flat Rate boxes can bey much cheaper and there is no way to put those into the store software.

BUT, I was mistaken on the price. 

I just double checked and it is $89.95 to ship to Australia in a Flat Rate Box. Obviously no discount there.  

International start at $30 and I thought I had shipped to Australia  for that price but I am obviously mistaken. Heck, the flat envelope for documents is $41!   And Postal Service is always the cheapest.

Sorry!

Thanks for the response Jeff; can never  understand why US postal service is so expensive 

• 2 months later...