CS17 #125 FINALLY completed

AaronG

Thank you guys for the feedback.

Boat sailed quite well.  It seemed like it had a _slight_ weather helm unless the mizzen was almost completely de-powered and/or the main sheeted in.  But it was never very bad.    I should have caulked around the centerboard pin covers...had a slight leak around the pins (I think the technical term is "sinking very slowly").  Something that caught my attention is that I could really feel the boat accelerate when when the wind picked up, which was great.

Final note: I had some water sitting in the bottom of the boat that I neglected to sponge up.  After a week, it caused the Rustoleum Marine Topside paint to peel up off of the epoxy coated wood.  Maybe I didn't prep the surface properly?  Will sand it down and repaint with an epoxy based paint sometime in the future.  

Rustoleum Marine Topside paint is simply regular Rustoleum paint minus the rust inhibitor (according to my paint store who sells it).  It is therefore nothing more than a good quality alkyd enamel.  It goes on great, looks good, and is inexpensive.  But it does not wear well.